IEG Policy is part of the Business Intelligence Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC’s registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use. Please do not redistribute without permission.

Printed By

UsernamePublicRestriction
UsernamePublicRestriction

US Food Sales Evenly Split Between At-Home and Away-From-Home Markets


In 2013, spending at grocery stores and other retailers accounted for 50.4% of the $1.4 trillion spent on food and beverages by US consumers, businesses, and government entities, according to USDA’s Economic Research Service (ERS). The remaining 49.6% took place at restaurants, school cafeterias, food concession stands at movie theaters and ball parks, and other away-from-home eating places.

Topics

What to read next

UsernamePublicRestriction

Register

PL021352

Ask The Analyst

Please fill in the form below to send over your enquiry or check the Ask The Analyst Page to find out more about the service

Your question has been successfully sent to the email address below and we will get back as soon as possible. my@email.address.

All fields are required.

Please make sure all fields are completed.

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please enter a valid e-mail address

Please enter a valid Phone Number

Ask your question to our analysts

Cancel